St. Benedict Classical Academy offers a classical Catholic education for the whole child, fostering academic, moral and spiritual excellence. In uniting the Catholic tradition with classically- inspired academics, and integrating into the life of the school the virtues first learned in the family, our students gain not only knowledge, but an appreciation of education as a noble pursuit.
Our Academic Vision
Our curriculum is inspired by the classical model which, while academically robust, tailors subject matter to each child’s natural cognitive development. Instruction begins in the younger grades with strong emphasis on developing mastery over skills in the core subject areas of reading, writing, grammar and math while building a broader framework of knowledge in history, literature, language and science. Students in the older grades build on this foundation as they learn to analyze, question and think critically about topics studied. This progression from learning facts to developing the ability to think analytically, combined with the integrated study of classical subjects, provides young children with the tools to think for themselves and to become independent, lifelong learners.
In uniting the Catholic Faith with a classical curriculum, and integrating into the life of the school the virtues first learned in the family, our students gain not only knowledge, but an appreciation of education as a noble pursuit.
One morning in someone’s kitchen over coffee, we expressed our heartfelt desires for our children and their education…
- A school with strong academics which opens children’s minds to the wonder of true learning
- A school which inspires each child to reach his or her greatest intellectual potential
- A school with a God honoring culture in which children can stand tall and be themselves
- A proudly Catholic school where children can experience truth and joy and grow in grace while preserving innocence
- An orderly, stable environment that encourages the ideals of St. Benedict – integrity, respect and love for themselves and one another
These became the main ingredients for our mission and the founding of St. Benedict Classical Academy.
St. Benedict Classical Academy strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in pursuit of academic excellence. We seek to provide each student with a foundation for life, rooted in strong intellect, heart and character, formed in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment.